Tuesday, June 25, 2013

MyStory - I went to Tokyo to work in Japan.

I worked as a programmer in Korea, but the IT Bubble had burst. 
I was 29 years old and my job was gone, so I was concerned about my future.
At that time, I thought, "maybe I should move to the other company?"
Should I start my a business that services something online Internet?
I hesitated about to make a decision.
At home, I would study the computer programing and English.(2002 year)
But it had been difficult to make steady progress.
Because of my nephew.
While I would study, he would interrupt me.
For example, he would cry in front of me and would loudly knock on the door.
So my parents and I had some problems at home.
I felt that I wanted to move out of the house. but I couldn't afford to live out on my own.
That was the reason why I didn't have enough money to rent a house.
By the way, I have worked a part-time job(a part-time lecturer in a college).
When I was working,  I saw a web page recruiting software engineers from a educational institution of Government to work abroad. and I decided that I would apply.
I needed some money,  and I had to take classes for Java and Japanese.
But I didn't care about any of that and applied anyway.
For 10 months, I studied advance Java, Oracle and Japanese.
It was particularly difficult to study Japanese.
Honestly, I wondered "can I do this?"
Sometimes, I felt frustrated and despaired.
I just went on, although I was very tired of studying.
One classroom had about 25 students.
I took eight exams. but I failed half of them.
But I didn't get frustrated, and I would try to challenge it again.
In the end, I didn't pass the exam.
However, I passed the interview for a job at the company
Therefore, I would be to going to Japan to work.
Since it was my first time going abroad.
I was very nervous
I was afraid that an accident might happen while I was in Japan.
So, I wasn't at all calm. I took an airplane in February 2003.
At last, I arrived at my destination Narita Airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment